Now before I upset everyone, let me explain what I am basing this on. I was replying to a friend’s Post and it is obvious that my friend and have a different political point of view. I am a Constitutional conservative and based from his posts I would say that he is not a republican and sides with the Democrats. It is just a guess as I have no verifiable proof. In my Post I had stated that we are both entitled to our opinions and have the right to disagree. It is very interesting that when attempting to post my reply, three time, it said that they (The Facebook page) were unable to publish the post. Here are the attempts.
I know it is probably just a problem with the site, but it is one of those things that make you go Hmmmm!
This election cycle has become one of the nastiest, vilest, and character assassination events in the history of our country. When you have the mainstream media doing everything possible to keep the status quo. You wonder what has become of journalism.
I do not excuse either candidate for their lack of judgment in their statements made in the past. We have all said things that we have regretted, and whether or not we have admitted that regret and apologized for our lack of judgment does not seem to matter in this instance.
This election is not about what was said years ago by the Republican candidate, it is about whether you wish to continue to see your liberties eroded by the progressive liberal party candidate that sold influence in her pay for play scheme, lied about the true nature of the attack on our embassy in Ben Ghazi to the families of those killed, as well as to the nation and then had the audacity to claim that “it doesn’t really matter now” in a congressional hearing. Her failure to protect the security of the United States ambassador by denying 600 request for assistance until it was too late does not fit the requirements of a commander-in-chief. Her participation in the Obama administrations’ belief that to say the word radical Islamic Terrorist casts a shadow on all Muslims is just a way to allow the latest terrorist group to continue to grow.
The mainstream media considers it to be there right to know and their right to report every detail of any military action, including the strategy and plans in advance calling it news. When you tell your enemy that you’re going to pull out of an area at a certain time on a certain day, would you expect them to continue to fight as hard as possible. Until that time, or would you expect them to sit back and wait.
What would’ve happened had the Allied forces allowed the media to report that the invasion of Europe would take place in Normandy on June 6, 1944 prior to it taking place? The reason military operations are kept top-secret need to know is that the enemy doesn’t need to know.
The management of top-secret confidential and classified information is the top priority of any American, whether they be Joe the plumber or the Secretary of State. Joe the plumber probably wouldn’t have access to high level ultrasecret plans. The Secretary of State on the other hand should know better than to send classified information through an unsecured email server.
I am really losing faith in our elected officials. When I see that a member of the same party removes their support from their parties. Presidential candidate because of an inappropriate comment made several years ago. My only presumption is that that particular politician would prefer to support the other party’s candidate that has done even more offensive comments and been involved in policies and the making of policies that put our nation at risk.
So I say to all elected officials “remember who elected you, remember why you are elected, and remember the oath you took when you took office. You swore to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic. If you can’t support your party support your country! Democrats I ask you to support your country, not your candidate unless you feel you are safer and better off now than you were eight years ago. Republicans get over yourself and back the choice of the voters in the primary.
Americans remember that our government was formed in the belief that it was to be a government of the people by the people and for the people.
The current administration has forgotten that part, as well as many of the elected officials that we expected to represent us, not themselves.
Good Sunday morning America
I was savoring my first cup of coffee this morning and was listening to the television when the normal program at this time period was talking politics and the upcoming presidential election. I wish to thank the Constitution of the United States for allowing differing opinions to be shared without the possibility of reprisals from the Government.
I decided to place these questions before all that care to read them:
- What qualities does a presidential candidate need to run the country?
- Which is more important, Trust or party line?
- If you where the candidate, who are you trying to convince you can do the job the best? The People or The Donors?
- What are the qualities, of the political party of each candidate, that you trust and which do you agree with? What the qualities that you completely disagree with?
- Should the candidate be run by the Political party and it’s leadership or should the Party be led by the candidate?
- Who do you trust to tell the truth, the Media, the Hollywood Celebrities, The Political Party talking heads or the Political candidates?
- Which Political ideology do you trust to restore America to greatness?
- Which candidate should we elect and trust with the keys to our Nuclear Arsenal?
- Which candidate do you think will support “The Constitution of the United States of America” as written and not attempt to circumvent the “separation of powers” section?
- Which candidate do you think would appoint a supreme court justice that would base their decisions on the constitution and the intents of the framers not on the political whims and desires to legislate from the bench?
- Which candidate do you think would be a better commander-in-chief and support our armed forces? Why?
- Which candidate do you think will demonstrate a prudent approach to handling matters of National Security with a greater sense of responsibility.
- Which candidate is more likely to keep their promises and do what is the best interest of the American people and not the already elected politicians and special interest groups?
This upcoming election may determine the course our country takes and will be paid for by our grandchildren. Your vote matters no matter which candidate you choose. I urge you to do your own research and make an informed choice. Take nothing for granted, trust your instincts. Pray for our country and our elected officials. Pray for the guidance to make the best choice for us all.
God Bless America