Good Sunday morning America
I was savoring my first cup of coffee this morning and was listening to the television when the normal program at this time period was talking politics and the upcoming presidential election. I wish to thank the Constitution of the United States for allowing differing opinions to be shared without the possibility of reprisals from the Government.
I decided to place these questions before all that care to read them:
- What qualities does a presidential candidate need to run the country?
- Which is more important, Trust or party line?
- If you where the candidate, who are you trying to convince you can do the job the best? The People or The Donors?
- What are the qualities, of the political party of each candidate, that you trust and which do you agree with? What the qualities that you completely disagree with?
- Should the candidate be run by the Political party and it’s leadership or should the Party be led by the candidate?
- Who do you trust to tell the truth, the Media, the Hollywood Celebrities, The Political Party talking heads or the Political candidates?
- Which Political ideology do you trust to restore America to greatness?
- Which candidate should we elect and trust with the keys to our Nuclear Arsenal?
- Which candidate do you think will support “The Constitution of the United States of America” as written and not attempt to circumvent the “separation of powers” section?
- Which candidate do you think would appoint a supreme court justice that would base their decisions on the constitution and the intents of the framers not on the political whims and desires to legislate from the bench?
- Which candidate do you think would be a better commander-in-chief and support our armed forces? Why?
- Which candidate do you think will demonstrate a prudent approach to handling matters of National Security with a greater sense of responsibility.
- Which candidate is more likely to keep their promises and do what is the best interest of the American people and not the already elected politicians and special interest groups?
This upcoming election may determine the course our country takes and will be paid for by our grandchildren. Your vote matters no matter which candidate you choose. I urge you to do your own research and make an informed choice. Take nothing for granted, trust your instincts. Pray for our country and our elected officials. Pray for the guidance to make the best choice for us all.
God Bless America
When congress did not pass a spending bill by Midnight October 1,2013 the Government essentially shutdown. Any services that have been deemed as non-essential were closed. Despite the fear mongering of some politicians, the sun rose at its appointed time for the time of year, the earth continued to stay in its orbit around the sun and life on earth did not end. Some federal workers continued to work and some were furloughed. Social Security checks were paid, medical bills were processed, our military continued to get paid and protect our country. Despite the attempts by the President of the Senate to demonize the House, the fact remains Harry Reid and his majority in the Senate refused to consider any option that the house has submitted. Not surprising since the senate leadership has continued to stonewall any financial bill that does anything to defund or even delay implementation of the affordable care act that was passed by the Pelosi controlled house ( which was to be passed before it could be read) and then approved by the Reid controlled Senate and sent to the president who signed it into law. All in the name of “for the good of the people”. The Congress is supposed to represent all Americans and what is best for the country. This Program contains items that have nothing to do with health care, has exemptions for Congressional Representatives and their staff and Senators and their staff. The president is exempt, Many Unions have been granted waivers because if they were to have to participate they would go broke. The Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision said that the part of this act that was in question as to be unconstitutional, was not. No where in the constitution is the right to health care mandated by the government granted.
Back to the possible results of a continued shutdown, if the debt limit is not raised ( for those of the uniformed that is how much the government can borrow on our credit) there is a possibility of the government defaulting on their loans could happen. A scare tactic to make us afraid not increase the limit. Fellow citizens, let us look at why we have to increase the borrowing limit yet again. The government continues to get bigger and regulate more of everything we do. There are redundant programs for the same things that could be eliminated thus saving money. The Government continues to give aid to countries that willing take our money and use it to fight against us by support groups that are out to destroy us. We may have been the richest nation in the world and I do believe in helping those that can not help themselves, but I do not believe in continuing to support Countries that do not use the funds to help their people. Charity begins at home. We have elderly and children in our own country that go hungry every day, they are suffering because they do not qualify for assistance.Yet our president can go on more vacations to expensive places at the drop of the hat. We continue to send Billions to Pakistan to assist them in the fight against terrorism, yet they harbored Osama Bin Laden for years.
To the politicians in government I have but one thing to say, You are a public servant and are representing all the people not just a few. The money you are spending is not yours and you are no better than anyone else. If you write a bill to affect all the people, than let it affect you as well. You should have to pay into social security and medicare. You should have to fund your own retirement just like the rest of the people, and since you want the government to control healthcare, Than your plan should be regulated just like everyone you have targeted. Yes, I am saying that you should lose all those perks you have given yourselves. During this shutdown, You should not be paid until you have completed your duties. To the Senate, I say, Pass a budget that decreases spending, Eliminates redundant programs and shrinks the size of the bureaucracy. Stop spending money on foreign countries that do not use it to help their people. quit funding the UN’s attempt to usurp our laws. To the President, Sir you need to quit blaming others and take responsibility for your actions or lack of action. You need to stop attempting to circumvent the Constitution and grab power that is not yours. Your policies of only enforcing the laws you like is a travesty. Finally to the United States Supreme Court, Your honors, you have been tasked to interpret the laws to see if they met the standards set forth in the constitution. You are not to legislate from the bench. Your political views are not supposed to cloud your legal views. I suggest that you reread the constitution and consider the meaning that the framers had when they wrote it. It is Black and White, there is no grey of “fuzzy” area.
After reading this you may agree or disagree with the content. I recommend that you base any comments on facts and not feeling. Of course your response is your opinion and you have the right to express it.